Alistair D Norman BSc, FRICS, FCIArb.
BSc Quantity Surveying 1979
LLM Construction Law and Arbitration [with distinction] - Robert Gordon University 2008
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - Elected Associate 1981, Elected to Fellow 1993.
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Elected Associate 1994, Elected to Member 1999. Elected to Fellow 2006
Association of Independent Construction Adjudicators - Registered Adjudicator 1998 - 2006.
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - Scotland - Adjudicator Panel Member since January 2001. UK since 2019
1995 - Present : Director of A D Norman Ltd., Chartered Quantity Surveyors.
Providing a consultancy service, acting on behalf of main contractors, specialist subcontractors on traditional UK based construction contracts and also nuclear engineering and industrial engineering contracts. Throughout UK.
· Extensive experience working with the NEC Engineering and Construction Contract
· Extensive experience working with the JCT/SBCC suite of Contracts
· Adjudication and Arbitration Services.
· Specialised advice in mediation of Construction insurance claims
· Contract Monitoring.
· Estimating and Tender Planning
· Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts
1975 - 1995 :
Employed by two major UK Construction Companies. Ultimately Area Quantity Surveyor with financial responsibility for contracts up to a value of £30 million.
Member of a Best Practice Group for Claims.
Team leader for a number of Arbitration's